Doors, Kids & Cats
If your house door is open, you better watch out... a kid or a cat might come in.
In these parts, some people leave their front doors ajar to allow air ventilation. Just the other day, we were visiting friends and sitting in their salon (living room). As we sat on the rug chatting, we became aware of a person lurking behind the salon door. It was a little girl about 4 or 5 years old. How did she get in? Who was she?
We asked our hosts. "Oh, it's the girl who lives upstairs. Her mother rents a room there."
Our friends called their children to take the girl outside to play. We continued to visit. After 10 minutes we heard another voice. It was the mother. She had strolled in, without knocking or calling. Our hostess excused herself and went to talk with the young mother who was standing in the hall. Talk about lack of privacy! After 5 minutes, the woman left and we could continue our conversation.
Leave open your door and someone will walk in.
Another time we had left our upstairs door open all day also for ventilation. At bedtime, I went up to close and lock it. As I entered the doorway to check, suddenly, a streaking animal - a cat burst past me and ran outside. It happened so fast I didn't get a good look at it.
At any rate, I was glad it went outside for the night. We don't have a 'kitty-litter' box in the house.
In these parts, some people leave their front doors ajar to allow air ventilation. Just the other day, we were visiting friends and sitting in their salon (living room). As we sat on the rug chatting, we became aware of a person lurking behind the salon door. It was a little girl about 4 or 5 years old. How did she get in? Who was she?
We asked our hosts. "Oh, it's the girl who lives upstairs. Her mother rents a room there."
Our friends called their children to take the girl outside to play. We continued to visit. After 10 minutes we heard another voice. It was the mother. She had strolled in, without knocking or calling. Our hostess excused herself and went to talk with the young mother who was standing in the hall. Talk about lack of privacy! After 5 minutes, the woman left and we could continue our conversation.
Leave open your door and someone will walk in.
Another time we had left our upstairs door open all day also for ventilation. At bedtime, I went up to close and lock it. As I entered the doorway to check, suddenly, a streaking animal - a cat burst past me and ran outside. It happened so fast I didn't get a good look at it.
At any rate, I was glad it went outside for the night. We don't have a 'kitty-litter' box in the house.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home