The Road Less Traveled

There is the wide road used by most people of this world and there is the narrow way, the Road Less Traveled. This blog is about experiences, people and places on the narrow path. I lived and worked in North Africa for many years. That is my outer journey. But my inner journey is spiritual, global and universal. In 2012, I moved to the Golden Triangle region of SE Asia (Laos, Myanmar, Thailand). I have started a whole new adventure. Come join me on the Road Less Traveled. Without and within.

My Photo
Name:
Location: City on a Hill, Golden Triangle

Artist, teacher, peace-maker, world traveler, global citizen.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Ya Got $60?

Our neighbors Muh and Fatim have been renting their house in August and doing pretty good, charging 200dh ($25)/day. In the meantime, we let them with us stay upstairs. Well, word got out on the street.

Ding-dong. Door bell. Two teenage girls outside.
"Who do you want?" we asked them.

"Fatim" they answered.

"No available."

Later, we asked Fatim who they were.
"Oh, I don't want to talk to them. They rented last summer and borrowed 200dh ($25) which they never repaid. They probably want to borrow more money."

Sure enough, the girls returned. "Can we borrow 500dh ($62.50)?"

Fatim was mad. "You never repaid the 200dh you borrowed last summer."

"Oh, we didn't remember."

End of conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home