The Road Less Traveled

There is the wide road used by most people of this world and there is the narrow way, the Road Less Traveled. This blog is about experiences, people and places on the narrow path. I lived and worked in North Africa for many years. That is my outer journey. But my inner journey is spiritual, global and universal. In 2012, I moved to the Golden Triangle region of SE Asia (Laos, Myanmar, Thailand). I have started a whole new adventure. Come join me on the Road Less Traveled. Without and within.

My Photo
Name:
Location: City on a Hill, Golden Triangle

Artist, teacher, peace-maker, world traveler, global citizen.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Wedding Invitation

We just finished eating supper, when we heard the sound outside. Honking of Moroccan horns, cheering, hand clapping, and singing.
"A wedding parade!" I cried out to my family and guests. "Let's go see."

So, I ran out and spotted the parade 400 meters down the street passing behind some buildings so the noise was obscured. We all rushed to follow them. In front were 5 white robed men carrying silver conical trays on their heads. Behind them were the musicians; the horn player, the clasinets, the tambourine. After the musicians was a group of women and girls dressed in their finest robes, carefully made-up and well-coiffed. After catching up, we happily clapped along with the little crowd.

One teenage girl darted over and greeted us. It was the younger sister of A, the university student we knew when she was in high school.

"What's going on?" we asked.

"My sister A. is getting married!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home