The Road Less Traveled

There is the wide road used by most people of this world and there is the narrow way, the Road Less Traveled. This blog is about experiences, people and places on the narrow path. I lived and worked in North Africa for many years. That is my outer journey. But my inner journey is spiritual, global and universal. In 2012, I moved to the Golden Triangle region of SE Asia (Laos, Myanmar, Thailand). I have started a whole new adventure. Come join me on the Road Less Traveled. Without and within.

My Photo
Name:
Location: City on a Hill, Golden Triangle

Artist, teacher, peace-maker, world traveler, global citizen.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Desperate Housewives, Mixed Marriages

Being foreigners, we meet all sorts of people... including Desperate Western women looking for marriage.

One profile is this:
European woman, age 40+ (sometimes 60+), divorced or not married, looking for any man for marriage and companionship.
another profile:
Western young woman, 18-29, "plain and plump", overweight, never married, looking for a man to marry.
still a 3rd profile:
Foreign woman, any age, any appearance, not looking for marriage, but vulnerable emotionally to the charms of men showing interest in marriage.

We know and have seen all of the above happen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! How sad! They will find themselves unequally yoked. I often picture "quirky men" going abroad to find wives who will put up with more to have a chance to leave their country. I did not know women did it too.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home