Drop-in Mom
This is a "drop-in" culture. People drop in unannounced.
Some of "do drop-in" is nice. Neighbors drop in to say, "hello". You drop everything you are doing, go make tea, and sit and chat. Pleasant and enjoyable. And you do the same to them.
Occasionally, out of town visitors "drop-in." One day, they call and say, "we are in town and coming over!" Never mind you had other plans that day - you are now "required" to offer hospitality.
Recently, a married lady friend was visiting us. She got a phone call from her mother, who lives in the countryside. "hey, i'm standing outside your door wondering where you are?"
Our friend said, ""I am visiting my friends in Agadir."
"Well, come back, now because I have nowhere to go."
So, our friend, told us, "Sorry, I have to leave now."
For some reason in this culture, it doesn't occur to the mother to call ahead. Because to call ahead is not a part of "drop-in" culture.
Do drop in.
Some of "do drop-in" is nice. Neighbors drop in to say, "hello". You drop everything you are doing, go make tea, and sit and chat. Pleasant and enjoyable. And you do the same to them.
Occasionally, out of town visitors "drop-in." One day, they call and say, "we are in town and coming over!" Never mind you had other plans that day - you are now "required" to offer hospitality.
Recently, a married lady friend was visiting us. She got a phone call from her mother, who lives in the countryside. "hey, i'm standing outside your door wondering where you are?"
Our friend said, ""I am visiting my friends in Agadir."
"Well, come back, now because I have nowhere to go."
So, our friend, told us, "Sorry, I have to leave now."
For some reason in this culture, it doesn't occur to the mother to call ahead. Because to call ahead is not a part of "drop-in" culture.
Do drop in.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home