Fires
Leila went for a walk this morning and ran into a fire. Just a small, black, polluting fire at a building site. She walked up to the workmen and asked,"What is this that you are burning?"
The foreman answered, "We're making tar for the road."
"Have you thought of using a gas burner instead of a wood and trash fire? It would pollute less. You know how many people have lung problems because of polluted air, here?"
"Yes. Do you live in this neighborhood?"
"No, but I live nearby. I know plenty of people in Agadir who have allergies and breathing difficulties. Anyway don't you think it would be healthier for everyone to cook on gas instead of wood in the open here?"
"I'll talk to my supervisor. By the way, do you say your prayers to allah? "
Leila laughed and thought it a minor miracle that the foreman would say that.
So much for fires.
The foreman answered, "We're making tar for the road."
"Have you thought of using a gas burner instead of a wood and trash fire? It would pollute less. You know how many people have lung problems because of polluted air, here?"
"Yes. Do you live in this neighborhood?"
"No, but I live nearby. I know plenty of people in Agadir who have allergies and breathing difficulties. Anyway don't you think it would be healthier for everyone to cook on gas instead of wood in the open here?"
"I'll talk to my supervisor. By the way, do you say your prayers to allah? "
Leila laughed and thought it a minor miracle that the foreman would say that.
So much for fires.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home