The Road Less Traveled

There is the wide road used by most people of this world and there is the narrow way, the Road Less Traveled. This blog is about experiences, people and places on the narrow path. I lived and worked in North Africa for many years. That is my outer journey. But my inner journey is spiritual, global and universal. In 2012, I moved to the Golden Triangle region of SE Asia (Laos, Myanmar, Thailand). I have started a whole new adventure. Come join me on the Road Less Traveled. Without and within.

My Photo
Name:
Location: City on a Hill, Golden Triangle

Artist, teacher, peace-maker, world traveler, global citizen.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bearded Ones

While riding on the train, I sat across from two fundamentalist men - "bearded ones". These men, inspired by Osama Bin Laden, grow their beards (uncut), wear traditional robes, skull caps, and pants. One man had no mustache, so he looked like an Amish or Orthodox Jew.

I looked down at their legs. One guy wore white socks and tights resembling thermal underwear. Seriously. On top of that he wore capri pants. On top of that he wore a robe.

He must have been warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home