The Road Less Traveled

There is the wide road used by most people of this world and there is the narrow way, the Road Less Traveled. This blog is about experiences, people and places on the narrow path. I lived and worked in North Africa for many years. That is my outer journey. But my inner journey is spiritual, global and universal. In 2012, I moved to the Golden Triangle region of SE Asia (Laos, Myanmar, Thailand). I have started a whole new adventure. Come join me on the Road Less Traveled. Without and within.

My Photo
Name:
Location: City on a Hill, Golden Triangle

Artist, teacher, peace-maker, world traveler, global citizen.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

digital printing, local style


I still recall the day, a few years ago, when i was directed to Digital Image printers, because the owner worked in the US for 15 years, spoke English, and was using the latest technology. It was a step up from the usual.
But, I have found that for all the latest Mac computers, Adobe photoshop training, and flashy posters, that somethings don't change. People.
Now, i haven't dealt with printers in the US, but my experience here is that certain work ethics and philosophies are missing or in short supply.
For example, when my partner and I requested our calendars be wrapped tightly as the sample given, they proceeded to give us only 10% wrapped well, and the rest unacceptable or border-line.
When we told the owner, he made excuses: "oh we aren't used to wrapping with plastic. " Or he tried to get out of it: "Let's not wrap them then." We insisted on proper wrap.

Finally, he phoned his brother, who runs the Casa operation and shouted, ranted, and screamed. "You messed up!"

The time it has taken from putting in our folder, to final print is one month!

That's printing, local style!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home