The Road Less Traveled

There is the wide road used by most people of this world and there is the narrow way, the Road Less Traveled. This blog is about experiences, people and places on the narrow path. I lived and worked in North Africa for many years. That is my outer journey. But my inner journey is spiritual, global and universal. In 2012, I moved to the Golden Triangle region of SE Asia (Laos, Myanmar, Thailand). I have started a whole new adventure. Come join me on the Road Less Traveled. Without and within.

My Photo
Name:
Location: City on a Hill, Golden Triangle

Artist, teacher, peace-maker, world traveler, global citizen.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Packing & Moving

Seeing 2 sets of friends recently pack up and move got me thinking. One family has decided to sell everything, and leave only with suitcases. An admirable task. choosing what to keep, what to sell or give away.

We sedentary persons like to acquire objects and material goods. Good stuff, educational things. But, in the end, when we really have to choose what to take, I vote for the sentimental. Personal photos, videos, journals, diaries, and notes. Everything on the laptop computer. Artwork that I can carry.

The other things can be replaced.

Oh, for the simpler life.

"More with less, and less is more."
- from a Mennonite Cookbook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home