The Road Less Traveled

There is the wide road used by most people of this world and there is the narrow way, the Road Less Traveled. This blog is about experiences, people and places on the narrow path. I lived and worked in North Africa for many years. That is my outer journey. But my inner journey is spiritual, global and universal. In 2012, I moved to the Golden Triangle region of SE Asia (Laos, Myanmar, Thailand). I have started a whole new adventure. Come join me on the Road Less Traveled. Without and within.

My Photo
Name:
Location: City on a Hill, Golden Triangle

Artist, teacher, peace-maker, world traveler, global citizen.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Boston Marathon Runners

Being a former runner, I enjoy following the Boston Marathon as much as I can, even from overseas. With internet, it's so easy. Not surprisingly, Robert Cheruiyot, a Kenyan, won for the 4th time. Perhaps the surprise was two Moroccans placed 2nd and 3rd, no small feat given that Ethiopians were 4th and 5th, and a gaggle of Kenyans followed after. The first American was 10th. I've noticed the rise of Moroccan middle and long-distance runners. Seems that it's not just East Africans who excell at marathons, but North Africans. Go Morocco!

I salute you, Africans for excelling in this wondrous athletic sport. I salute you all for running the marathon.
Isn't life a marathon? Endurance, perseverance, gutting it out tough, not giving up, and finishing...


Richmond Times-Dispatch
Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 - 12:07 AM

RUNNING BOSTON MARATHON

MEN
1. Robert Cheruiyot, Kenya, 2:07:46.
2. Abderrahime Bouramdane, Morocco, 2:09:04.
3. Khalid El Boumlili, Morocco, 2:10:35.
4. Gashaw Asfaw, Ethiopia, 2:10:47.
5. Kasime Adillo, Ethiopia, 2:12:24.
6. Timothy Cherigat, Kenya, 2:14:13.
7. Christopher Cheboiboch, Kenya, 2:14:47.
8. James Kwambai, Kenya, 2:15:52.
9. James Koskei, Kenya, 2:16:07.
10. Nicholas Arciniaga, Rochester Hills, Mich., 2:16:13.
11. Abdelhadi El Mouaziz, Morocco, 2:16:51.
12. Tesfaye Girma, Ethiopia, 2:18:40.
13. Shadrack Kiplagat, Kenya, 2:18:55.
14. Jason Schoener, Richmond, 2:19:18.
15. Marc Jeuland, Carrboro, N.C., 2:20:57.

WOMEN
1. Dire Tune Ethiopia, 2:25:25.
2. Alevtina Biktimirova, Russia, 2:25:27.
3. Rita Jeptoo Kenya, 2:26:34.
4. Jelena Prokopcuka, Latvia, 2:28:12.
5. Askale Tafa Magarsa, Ethiopia, 2:29:48.
6. Bruna Genovese, Italy, 2:30:52.
7. Nuta Olaru, Romania, 2:33:56.
8. Robe Tola Guta, Ethiopia, 2:34:37.
9. Lidiya Grigoryeva, Russia, 2:35:37.
10. Stephanie Hood, Canada, 2:44:44.
11. Denise Robson, Canada, 2:45:54.
12. Magdaline Chemjor, Kenya, 2:46:25.
13. Firaya Sultanova-Zhdanova, Gainesville, Fla., 2:47:17.
14. Eliza Mayger, Australia, 2:47:36.
15. Ashley Anklam, Bloomington, Minn. 2:48:43.

©2008 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home